Foothills Restaurant in Warner NH resides in this former house that was built in 1808 by James Bean, a son of early settler Nathaniel Bean. After 1825 the house became the property of Harrison D. Robertson, an influential businessman and owner of the Robertson block next door. He was also a former postmaster in Warner from 1830 to 1844.
The house was later occupied by E.H. Carroll, store owner of the former union hall block. The building ceased to be a one family home by 1851 and then used for business space. Between 1851 and 1884 the Warner Bank & its successor, the Kearsarge National Bank, occupied two of the rooms on the main floor. By 1913, the house was divided into apartments. That same year Leon A. Gage, an undertaker, occupied one unit for his funeral business.
H.N. Lewis purchased the building in 1931 and remolded the block. In 1932 the town post office occupied the westerly side and the Flagg Plumbing Shop occupied the easterly side.
Eventually variety stores & restaurants took over the plumbing shop known now as Foothills Restaurant, while the Warner Post Office remained in place for 59 years before it moved to the present building in 1991. Numerous restaurants have occupied the space with owners from the Heitmanns, Grant & Henrietta Boughton, Michael & Noreen Paquetts (1986), Lee & Sue Brewster (1986-1998), and Steve & Jodi Garside(1998-2006).